~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Monday, September 01, 2008

Shake It Up

I'm going to be posting favorite music playlists from time to time. I've got such random taste, so there can be anything from The Commodores to Okkervil River on the same mix, and, below, you'll see that there is. For ease of listening, I put the iTunes "imix" below. That way, you can click to listen. I don't want to advertise for Apple/iTunes, but I understand it makes it easier to listen to the songs. A few bands aren't available thru iTunes. I HIGHLY recommend checking out "Valentine" by Morgan Grace.

Song Band
Unless It's Kicks Okkervil River
Sail On The Commodores
Move On Up Curtis Mayfield
Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) Looking Glass
Valentine Morgan Grace
I Can Make You Dance, Pt. 1 Zapp
M79 Vampire Weekend
Sentimental Heart She & Him
Blush The Raveonettes
U-Mass The Pixies
Ghosts (Single Edit) Ladytron
One Way Ticket The Darkness
Mother Danzig
Lady (You Bring Me Up) The Commodores
No One's Gonna Love You Band of Horses
Electric Feel MGMT

2 comments:

Shannon Sewell said...

can't wait to take a listen to all these that i haven't heard before :) don't know if you do the iTunes thing but you can do an iMix on there and then it is a playable list I believe you can publish on your blog. never done it but seen others that do ;)

~S

Janice Ordal said...

I did do one of those, but there are two reasons I do not like them much: 1. They only include the songs that iTunes recognizes (Morgan Grace Ladytron and The Commodores don't come up). I think that means they only show the songs they sell
2. Related to the first - you click to play them through itunes and I don't want to advertise for Apple.