~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Know a Boy, a Boy Called Party.

Finn had a birthday party today. He had a tiny one on his birthday (9/25), with his cousins. Dennis had to work that night and it was Back to School night, so we had an actual birthday party this evening. It ended up being quite festive. It was just family and Lisa's family. We have a big trip coming up in November (shhhh...) so we aren't doing much as far as big celebrations and lots of gifts. Also, we're thinking every other year for "big" parties is plenty.

Finn wanted a dinosaur cake, so Helen's (Bernhard) made him the best cake. I hate cake and I even like Helen's cakes...It was a white cake with whipped cream frosting. I asked them to put a green dino (T. Rex) on it. That's all I said...well, my goodness, this kid got a whole dinosaur world!! He was so excited for this cake, so I'm glad they made it really cool for him. I had a grand plan of making one...yeah, right.

Caver was in Napa for the weekend, so she called and Sean picked her up during the party. I was so glad she could make it. It's uncanny. Her family often misses my kids' birthday parties, because they're always during either Spring Break or Oregon football game weekends. Caver and I joke that her family just never comes to my kids' birthdays...we sorta plan on it.




It was great to see Grandma Janet and Aunt Holly. The boys hadn't seen them in awhile. Some of the party, the kids were playing video games. Later, they went out and played some football. The best part of football was Caver, Ashe, and Cade vs. Sean, Dennis and Andy. Soooo funny. Ashe and Cade insisted on playing against the three dads, but finally, it was agony to watch them...so, the big guns (Aunt Caver) went in and helped them out. Dennis kicked the ball out - Caver caught it - then Cade and Ashe just stood there. Caver yelled "Block for me, you guys!!" They were no help, those little boys!! Anyway, the game ended when Dennis got injured - he got the hugest contusion on his knee - literally the size of an egg...He is quite athletic, but always seems to be getting injuries.



I think that's his last party this year. Two and a half parties for any one person is enough...and, actually fewer than usual. All done for a couple of months anyway. Cade and Tucker have birthdays in November.

No comments: