~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Da Na Na Na Na Na...You Say It's Your Birthday...

Finn is six years old today. Finn's so happy, outgoing, deliberate, artistic, and sensitive. Just a delight. Conversely, he's headstrong like his mom and after a full day of being on his best behavior at school, he can be a handful. For the most part, though, he's got the most positive, inquisitive demeanor. As Caver (maybe Granny?) once put it: Finn's a presence.

I so want to go into the "Six years ago right now, I was suffering...blah, blah" But, by this time on the 25th, I already had my Finn. He came at 4 a.m. The short version of the story is: Dennis and I were preparing to go to an Elvis Costello concert on the night of Sept 24th, 2002. I thought maybe I was going into labor and called the nurse and asked if I should go to the show. She was very blase` and said "yes, just drink lots of water." Of course, I had to leave the show early and I had Finn in the wee hours of the morning on September 25th.

Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Finn. Happy birthday to you.

Finn poses with his treasured birthday present.


1 comment:

Shannon Sewell said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FINN!!!!! We owe ya an ice cream next time we see you ;)

~S