~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Monday, September 15, 2008

Everybody's Working For The Weekend

We had a busy weekend. Caver had a plethora of wedding activities for her college friend, so my parents had her boys and we hung out with them too. For the first time EVER in life, I asked Ashe about possibly playing at his cousins' at one point and he said "No, I've seen Cade a lot this weekend." I was shocked. He NEVER turns down his cousins.

Ashe and Finn stayed the night with Granny and Grandpa on Friday night. They had a slumber party there with Cade and Tuck. Granny got up early on Saturday and took them all to Cade's soccer game at Laurelhurst Park. That Granny is a saint!! She then brought my kids home.

Later in the day, Cade and Tucker came to our house (picture on the left). Dennis worked Saturday night, so he saw the four boys a little before work, then he was off...we brought Cade and Tucker back to Granny's. Later that evening, Lisa, Andy, Gray and Ella came over for dinner and football watching. The kids played upstairs, although for the most part, Gray hangs with the adults. We watched the lopsided USC/Ohio St game, then switched over to the Wisconsin/Fresno game...

Andy's great: he made Caver's kids and my kids Harry Potter wands. He whittled them down then burned decoration and their names into them. My kids were so excited. Andy's so nice.

Sunday, I had a CAbi party. My grade school friend, Angela (Angie), is a CAbi Consultant. (She's the cute one below standing next to the clothes with a big smile on her face.) I had a CAbi party in the spring and had THE best time. I don't typically like those sale-type parties, but these clothes are so cute. Angie's wonderful. My friends, who like the CAbi stuff, are wonderful. It's just a wonderful time. So, I decided to have one again.

I've known Angie since 2nd grade. We were best friends all through high school - went to prom together - senior spring break trip (to Mazatlan) together...just someone, like Stephanie, who I truly had in my life the entire time growing up. A few years ago we realized our kids go to school together. Portland's so small. So, we see each other pretty regularly now. I love Ang. She's the best. You can see a few of the "CAbi ladies" in the photo below.

My boys did such a great job. They just quietly played upstairs during the party, since Dennis was working. They called me from our home phone, on my cell phone. They came down for a cupcake and coupla snacks, but I was so impressed! These are the squirrelly little boys that I know and love. So amazing.

Ashe had the classic line of the day: Near the end of the party, people were finishing up trying things on. Several asked Ashe and Finn what they thought of this or that. Finally, Ashe said "Do I have to keep judging everybody?" How cute is he?!?

No comments: