~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Orange

(Goodness gracious - I've said how much I love blogging. I must love it if I just wrote this entire freaking entry about "orange".)

Orange is sort of a theme in our house. Ashe's favorite color is orange. He's always been clear about that. Ever since day one, he's loved orange. The funny thing about that is my mom's, (Granny), favorite color is orange as well. Growing up, she would covet the few orange items of clothing I had (mostly during the 80's neon craze). I never knew anyone who's favorite color was orange - except my mom. In recent years, there's lots of orange out there. I know it sounds silly, but orange has made a resurgence in the fashion I see (granted, it's mostly at Nordstrom's)...so, I suspect I would find a lot more orange lovers out there now.

It's so cute to me that Granny and Ashe have the same favorite color, because Granny will be the first to tell you that she and Ashe are kindred spirits. As with all her grandchildren, Granny is Ashe's biggest fan. You can imagine how "proud" she was when her firstborn grandchild decided early on that his favorite color was orange.

Finn's pretty much his own person, but one of the few places where he's decided he wants to be like his brother is Finn really likes orange. Dennis and I both get everything orange flavored, if that's ever an option. Or, clothing and backpacks and shoes, etc - orange, if possible...well, today, Dennis bought orange sherbet with chocolate chips. Really? I know there are truffles that come with orange and there are orange flavored chocolate "things", but I'm sort of horrified by the orange sherbet with chocolate chips. It just seems wrong. Ashe loved it and gobbled it up. Although Finn ate the sherbet, he left all the chips in his bowl. He likes chocolate. He likes orange sherbet. He said he just didn't like the chips in the sherbet. Smart kid.

here are the boys eating this
weird chocolate chip orange sherbet

2 comments:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

Orange-cha glad you have two sweet boys:) Now I get the Halloweenish design on the blog:) K

Janice Ordal said...

didn't mean for my blog to have a "halloweenish" design. I just love fall colors - like the mustard yellow/orange background with burgundy lettering...

--janice