~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Monday, August 18, 2008

Movie Madness

This has been a summer of movies for the boys. Dennis is determined to make sure they see every new kids' movie that's released. Actually, I think it's just something they enjoy doing with their dad. Let's see, it started in May with "Speed Racer" and "Iron Man". Thumbs up on the latter, thumbs down on "Speed Racer". "Kung Fu Panda" was next (one of two I took them to)...yeah, not very good. Then they saw "The Incredible Hulk" and "Wall-E" - they liked them both very much. Last week they saw "Journey to the Center of the Earth".

Today was probably our last movie outing of the summer (although when looking up the release dates of the movies above, I did notice they haven't seen "Space Chimps"). I took them to see the latest Star Wars installment - "The Clone Wars". What a dud!! About 10 minutes in, I got out the ipod and listened to the Rick Emerson podcast...thank god!!
We brought along Caver's boys, Cade and Tucker. The four boys adore each other and hadn't seen each other all weekend, so they were excited. We all ate lots of junk food and enjoyed the almost empty theater with it's great stadium seating.

Bad movie, though. Horrible. I'm a fan of the Star Wars franchise of movies. Stay away from this one, though.

One last thing, since it goes along with today's subject. "The Dark Knight" is one of my favorite movies of all time. I love that movie more than I can say. It's dark, twisted, and SO messed up. Loved every minute of it. Have a good week. Summer's almost over!! Enjoy the last bit.

No comments: