~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Carnival.

Today was going to be a stay at home day. I had a 10:30 meeting at our Portland office, then I was going to go home and relax - probably let the boys watch t.v. all day. I took the day off, since Dennis worked until 6 a.m. this morning. Caver decided to be an active parent and take her kids to Oaks Park (Portland's old school amusement park). It's not that I didn't want to take my kids...we had planned to go today. Then, Dennis (being the best husband/father ever) suggested a spur-of-the-moment trip (with Caver's family) to a resort on Mt. Hood this Sunday, so I thought we could skip Oaks. It's such cheap fun for the boys, though, I sucked it up and went. I knew the boys would be so excited to go with their cousins, since they hadn't been there together.

It was a lot of fun. Caver, again being the active parent, got herself a ride bracelet to enjoy the fun with her children. When I went with Molly a couple weeks ago, she got ride tickets too. Me, no. I figured I took them there, do I really have to ride on the rides with them too?!? Seriously, though, it is great to watch them have the time of their lives. They love it there so, so much. I don't need to ride on the rides for them to have fun - I've convinced myself of that anyway.



They rode every ride they could. They had treats. Caver took all four of them on the train. Ashe was so sweet helping his brother, before Caver's family got there. Finn took Tucker's hand and sort of lead him around. Neither boy needed helping, but it was cute to see them being so nice to each other. Since Caver came after us, Ashe was convincing himself they weren't coming. He was so excited to have them there, once they arrived. Thanks, Caver, for getting me off my lazy a**.

Here's Caver, being proactive again :) - her blog on our day at the park:

No comments: