~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Friday, October 10, 2008

My Second (Favorite) City, Part II: Tourists?


I just loved this Chicago Water Tower Building. I took this picture, since it was right near our hotel. Since I know embarrassingly little about Chicago, I didn't know it was famous. I just liked the old building. When I got home and Finn insisted on seeing my pictures, I showed him this one of this tower. He said "Mom, that's in the snow globe you brought me." Sure enough - there it was. Kids are way smarter than me, that's for sure.

Our other site seeing - if you can call it that - was Navy Pier, John Hancock Tower, and Oprah's neighborhood. That's it. I much prefer just walking around and/or going to restaurants/bars. Luckily, Caver and the rest of crew enjoy the same. Shopping was done - but not much at all for any of us. We were very good.

~Here are a few more places with some information about what we did there.~

Here's another tease for you from our Oprah Show experience - blog on October 14.
.

This is the closest I got to the Chicago River (view from limo - limo explained later as well - I didn't even get out at the river):



Here was Navy Pier, where we had that yummy meal and looked around.



The city view from Navy Pier.




The rest of these are just photos I liked. There is one of several fishermen near the entrance to Navy Pier, right outside the Chicago Children's Museum (also below). I also put in a few of the ladies with whom I travelled. What a fun group.







No comments: