~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Evening Art Project - Piggy Banks

I promised the boys a "toy" today. They had a good night last night (we spent the night at my mom's), so I told them I'd get them something...Finn was cute in that he said I could surprise him. Usually, he and Ashe want to go with me. They want to look at every single action figure; fondle each one; and, make me crazy waiting for them to pick SOMETHING. Today, Finn allowed me to surprise him: "Just don't get me any Star Wars Action Figures." Funny that he would specifically exclude those, but good enough.

I got them some cute little piggy (Ashe's was actually a cow - but Finn's was indeed a pig) banks. They were ceramic, came with paint & paintbrushes, and the boys painted them. The boys were VERY excited and started them immediately after receiving them. Yay! It's hard to find something, not associated with television or video games or some weird character (Bakugan - Pokemon - Ben 10), that these two monkeys like.

No comments: