~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

They Are Two Little People.

Today was the last day of the school year. Ashe is going to be a 5th grader next year and Finn will be in 1st grade. It's hard to believe I have two little boys now. No more babies. The coolest thing is that they are little people. Both of them really. They are both at a level now where I can have conversations with them. I don't want to fall into that trap of being their "friend", but I do enjoy them. They definitely know I'm the mother - especially when Finn says "This is why I hate parents. They don't let you play video games every time you want." That's not an issue. I just like to hang out with and talk to them.

Ashe had a teacher that was nicknamed "Indiana Wilson". She's very adventurous and in her former lives was a long-haul truck driver and an Iditarod teacher. It was a great fit for him. His last six weeks of school have probably been his best in any grade, ever.





Finn's teacher was also Ashe's kindergarten teacher. We love her, and, to put it bluntly, she loves us. :) She said how she was glad to have Finn since he's such a creative, outgoing little boy. She added, though, that she likes having us there as his parents too. Finn's day included a moving up ceremony.



Finn with class (dark/light blue pullover)



Finn gets certificate (Ms. Becic right - Shelley left)


Ashe & Finn's last day parties ended up at the same park.


Finn's closest buddy, Matthew. These two: they chose this pose.
I had NOT ONE THING to do with it. They crack me up.
They think they are funnier than anything on the planet.



Ashe P.!!



Great school year. Great kids. I'm a lucky, lucky lady to have such great kids. They are lucky kids to have such a great life!!

1 comment:

treva dea said...

ohhh, its nice to Ms. Besic -- she was a good teacher! I can't believe how old these chil'n are getting. Ashe looks so grown up!!