~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Aloft in Portland, OR.

One of my presents to the boys was a night at the W Hotels Aloft Hotel. People who know me know that I love hotels, in general, and I love the W Hotels (Westin family), specifically. When this opened at the Portland IKEA-anchored mall Cascade Station, I knew I wanted to stay there.

When we went to Disneyland earlier this year, both of my boys were as excited to be at the hotel as they were to be in the theme park. I've decided we will just vacation in Portland, from now on. There are still a few hotels I would like to try. Another in the Westin family is the new The Nines, in downtown Portland.

I didn't know if he would, but Dennis ended up coming with us. He doesn't have the fondness for hotels that the boys and I do. It was going to be two nights, but one ended up being plenty. The boys played endless Wii on the 42" TV in the room; and, swam in the warm indoor pool. They loved it. We ate a couple of kid-friendly (but decent) meals and some tasty dessert. Was a fun outing. It's nice to just relax at home now.

2 comments:

Caver said...

Yay! I love all your new posts. Can't wait to go to SS tonight! (I'm serious)

Love you,
Your sis

treva dea said...

Ahhh that sounds like heaven, I love hotels too!!!