~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Forty. Yes, I'm really 40.


I had a lovely 40th birthday. It's weird that I'm really 40. I don't feel 40. That's a good thing, but I REALLY don't feel 40. I feel about 20. Every year gets better for me. I'm happier every day. I'm luckier every day. I have friends and family who are way too good to me. I have the best kids. I have a good job. Life is really grand (knock on wood, right!).

I had a fabulous party. Dennis organized it all. He set up a dinner in the Wine Room at Jake's Grill. We had two nights at the Heathman Hotel in downtown Portland. A suite. The boys came for one of the nights. He is a thoughtful husband. As I said before, I am lucky. He was very modest about it all.

I only celebrated with a few friends and family. I didn't want a big celebration. I get too overwhelmed. (I can visit with each of my friends in time - it's nicer for me one-on-one.) My family was there: the boys and Dennis, my mom, dad (with me in the fifth picture from the bottom - it was really special he was able to come), and Caver's family. Lisa's family (third from last pic) was there. Sandy (bottom pic, with my mom) and Yvette (second to last picture with Lisa) also came. That was it.


Thank you everyone who sent birthday wishes. It felt so good to be appreciated.




No comments: