~~click photos to change size and/or to view as slide show~~

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Triops. The Grossest Thing Ever.

My son found these last month at a toy/novelty store in Spokane, Boo Radley's (a wonderful store - like a better Spencer's Gifts). It is literally a necessary destination for us on our annual trip to Spokane. The directions said they would hatch, and we'd have these great, prehistoric creatures called Triops. I thought of Sea Monkeys. I wasn't sure what to think, but Finn had to get them.

Dennis was completely skeptical and I pretty much was as well, but believed, because Finn believed.

Well, damn, if the stupid things didn't hatch. Now I have the grossest things on my hands. I have to clean the tank, and look at these things. We left for five nights to Kahneeta and didn't have anyone come feed them. The frickin' triops lived!!

Anyway, here's a link to a disgusting pic of one "in the wild"....Thank goodness our's are nothing even close to these...but there's no question they're the same species....Below are pics of Finn's triops, and my nemises.

Would anybody like them??

Three of them. This shows the lovely red underside (the triops on the right) of these awful creatures.



Another view of three (of the five) triops.

No comments: